Music to Move to; an invitation to dance to brilliant music
Brief: Digital platform
Music to Move to is a new digital concept designed to get the general public dancing. Produced by Fuel and commissioned by Dance Umbrella, 10 composers from different musical genres have been invited to create approximately two-minute tracks that make you want to dance. 10 choreographers will also be commissioned to create a response that will be filmed and uploaded to the site.
Music to Move to invites the general public to film themselves dancing to one of the 10 tracks and upload it. From keen dancers, to classes of primary school children; nurses to builders, older people to teenagers, we will capture the imagination of people all over the UK.
The digital platform will host the music and dance footage. It will be an interactive site with the public voting for their favourite dance clips each week. A video editor will edit video montages of the top voted content to each track on a weekly rotation. This will include the Composers Cut.
Founded in 2004, Fuel produces fresh work for adventurous people by inspiring artists. We produce new live performance with artists who are pioneering and collaborative, brave and subtle, unique and communicative. We work hard to reach and have a meaningful impact on a large and diverse audience across the UK and internationally. We operate an innovative working model with creative and organisational collaboration at its heart.
Commissioned by Dance Umbrella (danceumbrella.co.uk) and co-commissioned by The Space (thespace.org). Supported by the Jerwood Choreographic Research Fund, with funds from Bonnie Bird Choreographic Fund, Birmingham Hippodrome, ResCen, and Birmingham Rep.
Fuel is looking to collaborate with a website developer to create a fresh new user-friendly digital platform. This is a unique project and we want a website that reflects that.
The platform must:
- Have a strong visual identity
- Have excellent functionally and easy site navigation
- Ability to embed sound files that can be accessed easily either via streaming or downloading
- Ability to embed multiple video content
- Ability for audience interaction – ‘like’ video to vote for your favourite
- Ability to archive public video submissions and search
- Good search facility
- Connect with social media – including ‘share’ options across the site and icons for relevant social media visible and linked to the Fuel accounts
- Have good interface with tablets and smart phones as well as computers
- Operate in open source rather than a bespoke content management system
- Enable Fuel to update the site and manage content rather than the developer
This brief does not cover the editing of the individual dance films uploaded. This will be covered by a Video Editor. The Video Editor brief released shortly.
The digital platform needs to interact across the following digital platforms:
- Twitter - #musictomoveto | @fueltheatre
- Facebook - /fueltheatre
The R&D for the project is happening between June and August 2014. The project will launch online and in a public event on 8 October 2014.
To respond to this brief please submit the following by 4 July 2014:
- Examples of your recent work
- A mock up of the home page for www.musictomoveto.co.uk
- A wire frame for the site
- Key points in a delivery timeline
- A full costing for the delivery of the brief
Please send your brief to Kates@fueltheatre.com. The deadline is 5pm on 4 July 2014. Selected applicants will be invited to discuss their pitch in more detail as part of the process.